Polenta is the perfect side dish. With the addition of our freeze-dried bone broth and roasted vegetables it turns this side dish into a full meal!
3 cups milk (or milk alternative)
2/3 cup polenta (coarse cornmeal)
2 garlic cloves (diced)
1 sprig of rosemary
1 ½ tsp sea salt
2 tbs of butter
2 oz grated parmesan cheese (substitute with vegan cheese or omit cheese if preferred)
1 packet Wander Broth Chicken Bone Broth (salted or unsalted)
1 pint of cherry tomatoes
¼ cup olive oil
3 scallions (trimmed ends and cut in half)
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Drizzle olive oil over cherry tomatoes and place on a baking sheet in the oven at 425 degrees, for 20 min, or until tomatoes are browned on top.
- In a saucepan, on medium high heat, warm milk, garlic, rosemary, and salt until milk starts to simmer (NOT BOIL).
- Slowly pour polenta into milk while gently whisking, turn burner down to low.
- Add butter to the polenta and stir every 10 minutes for about 30 min. If polenta starts looking dry, whisk in more milk in 1/2 cup increments.
- In a sauté pan, add a teaspoon of olive oil and the scallions. Sauté until the scallions are wilted.
- Once polenta is finished, remove rosemary sprigs and stir in freeze-dried chicken bone broth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate with roasted tomatoes, sauteed scallions, and grated parmesan cheese.